Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but he looked absolutely miles off it against Doncaster let's be honest. Looked no better than any of the awful strikers we've had over the years. It's no criticism of him, he's young, new and inexperienced. Should really be out on loan.

Basically when DCL is not fit there's going to be no decent attacking alternative off the bench given McNeill will be starting soon enough.

Of course given Danjuma's level today he could easily be benched for Harrison but I get the feeling his head will drop very quickly if he's just bench warming.

This is where the limitations of the squad building comes into force and it gets exposed against 75% of the league who do have 2-3 decent options to change things e.g. Forest putting on Elanga and Wood today at Chelsea.

Maybe, but he looked absolutely miles off it against Doncaster let's be honest. Looked no better than any of the awful strikers we've had over the years. It's no criticism of him, he's young, new and inexperienced. Should really be out on loan.
Exactly mate it’s so Everton we’re desperate for players and we spend £12m on him, said when we signed him archer would of been better for not much more never mind Simms and Cannon moving on.

Another good performance by us as a team undone by individual mistakes and shocking refereeing. I'll say it quietly so as not to upset some but we have a fairly decent spine in this team and probably most of our best 11 that are miles better than a relegation fight.

Pickford, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Onana, Gana, Doucoure, Garner, McNeil, Danjuma and Beto are not relegation standard players at all, and that's of the ones just fit today. Our problems, as they always are, will be lack of quality in depth in case of injuries or rotation and our full backs aren't very good at all. Young and Coleman are the best pairing but they can't be expected to play 90 mins for 30+ games at their age.

Villa was the only performance in the league this season that we were battered in and deserved to lose. The other 3 were games we should have won and I think as the team grows those are results we'll get better with. I'm not on the same page of people losing their minds at the manager or the players for how we've played in the league so far. We've been incredibly unlucky, sometimes you have to overcome that luck and we haven't but I can't see too many faults (for a team that's only ambition is to survive of course)
I watched a different game I thought we were terrible.

Decent performance, bit lethargic towards the end. Thought both goals were given away too easily, should've had a penalty.

Tough call on MOTM, gone for Danjuma, but could just have easily opted for Branthwaite or Beto - both of whom I thought performed their jobs well.

Status
Not open for further replies.