Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know? Are you involved in the negotiations?

The Simms that Coventry fans are already a bit bemused by you mean?

OK.

So........ Better not sign anyone as cover then?

Ace.
If I was doing the negotiations, then I wouldn't even be in for this guy....but don't worry we are in safe hands with super bill making sure he continues to kill this club little by little.

Not the signing I would want but somewhat pragmatic for a side in our position, if it happens.

I'll be somewhat pleased that they would have at least attempted to address the forward issue, rather than doing nothing again and letting the deadline pass.

I'll take Che Adams in preference to nobody.

He would contribute with a few goals which may turn out to be crucial.

It is what it is, why we do not scout thoroughly on the continent and abroad is beyond me.

We do. We bought a 19 year old who's played a handful of games for close to £20mill.

If people think we're going to find a player under 25 for the same price that is going to get 10+ goals a season that isn't being courted by better sides...it's a bit delusional.

A said fan channel were touting players such as some lad banging goals in Denmark and Moffi - one is a gamble at £5mill, the other £30mill who a host of sides want.

The issue we have isn't just a striker, it's a reliable one who will bring players into player and put away chances. Going for Che Adams is perfectly acceptable

If this is the signing then it's difficult to believe that any of the other striker interest was real. Obvious and cheap suggests we didn't really want any other option.

Probably why the DoF has changed the system at the club and hired Lee Sargeson from Brighton as manager of scouting operation, amongst other changes and hires to build for the future.

…..it’s clearly working very well in our search for a striker.

The irony is, about 20 posters on GOT (brickies, postmen, white collar workers et Al) forecast we’d end up with Che Adam’s when the window opened. Thelwell on big bucks appoints Sargeson on big bucks and we put in a bid for Che Adams two games into the season :celebrate:

Bloody ell mate you must be pissing yourself with excitement....2 years we've waited for a forward and this is the best we come up with..
Actually, no.... I'm not.

It just is a reflection of where we are.

None of us know for sure what our budget is for overall squad strengthening. If they (the management and recruiting team) think a forward for about 10/15m is sufficient so they can direct any additional funds elsewhere then so be it.

As with every window, give it a mark out of ten once it's closed.

Anything else is just nonsense.

If I was doing the negotiations, then I wouldn't even be in for this guy....but don't worry we are in safe hands with super bill making sure he continues to kill this club little by little.
Well, you're not. So don't state things as factual when it's pure guesswork.

For clarity, in not delighted with the potential signing..... It's a reflection of where we are right now.

We do. We bought a 19 year old who's played a handful of games for close to £20mill.

If people think we're going to find a player under 25 for the same price that is going to get 10+ goals a season that isn't being courted by better sides...it's a bit delusional.

A said fan channel were touting players such as some lad banging goals in Denmark and Moffi - one is a gamble at £5mill, the other £30mill who a host of sides want.

The issue we have isn't just a striker, it's a reliable one who will bring players into player and put away chances. Going for Che Adams is perfectly acceptable

We could have signed Moffi and El Bilal Toure last summer. Both loans with obligations this summer.

Why are these not the types were after this summer before they go for big money?

Disagree. Gnonto, like Chermiti now and Onana last year, is being brought in as a player with a high ceiling that will be flogged to the highest bidder in 2 seasons. It’s a model we should have been following long before now.

Adams is a stopgap player for the here and now until the above bears fruit.
Stop talking sense m8, you’ll get banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.