Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaak has scored 12 in 23 mate.

Well hopefully the £25m we’re about to drop on a winger can contribute 10 goals; because if he doesn’t same story different year
Fair enough on isak . He cost 70 million quid and got 10 last season. Didn't realise he only played 21 times.
But we ain't signing a player like him with what we have. We need to spread goals around. And I fully expect us to be in the bottom 6 all season.

Was linked regularly this time last year so make no mistake this is a Thelwell signing.

I think he's o.k actually, will work hard and chip in with 7-8 goals. Mind you I thought all that on Maupay a year ago....

As usual these days could do better could do a lot worse.....

At least him, Danjuma and DCL can get through to January with team hopefully 5 + points clear of 17th.
He won't
Could do a lot better

That 1 in 5 is over quite a few seasons btw. It's not a one off.
So he comes in and has a slightly less than his own average and scores 5.
We are right back in the thick of it again with yet another bad buy that's tied to the club for 3/4/5 years that nobody wants.

I hate the term "we never learn" but it is definitely right.
Or he has a slightly better then average and gets 9 or 10!
I don't want us to sign players like him .
My point is we haven't the resources of the pulling power to sign a whole lot better. 9 times out of 10 a striker in this league who will regularly get 12/13 goals or more will cost at least 35 million quid.

Very underwhelming signing, but did get 13 G/A last season in a shocking side, which is far better than ANY of our players did last season.

As an option on the bench, I'd cop it but it undoubtedly a mediocre signing.

So if we are reportedly getting Gnonto for 25 and Adams for 12, that's 37mil we could spend on a striker alone for probably the same wage hit
Infinitely better idea imo
Gnonto is a luxury we don't need as much as a good striker

Fair enough on isak . He cost 70 million quid and got 10 last season. Didn't realise he only played 21 times.
But we ain't signing a player like him with what we have. We need to spread goals around. And I fully expect us to be in the bottom 6 all season.
I get that, but even someone like Boniface would have been worth a punt; he went for around £17m

I imagine behind the scenes loads have turned this club down. Toure was reasonably public and he was straight away signing for Atalanta once they showed a clear interest.

So Adams is about Plan F and was looked at last summer and now with Southampton in championship he's easier to obtain than if he was still playing in premier league.

I get the feeling even someone like Michail Antonio would've been looked at before Adams but West Ham haven't signed a CF yet so he's not available.

Add in the clear FFP issues and it's a continual ballache to find a striker unless you get lucky on a complete unknown and perhaps in six months time the Portugese lad can start to make an impact?
Point is Maupay was also plan F last season. You didn't need to be a body language expert to see that he wasn't Lampard's choice. Following 1 goal and 1 assist in 29 utterly harrowing performances by Maupay we go for Plan F again.

It's truly remarkable.

Iheanacho's minutes played to goal contributions is very good. He's the type of striker that needs a consistent run in a team and he will reward such faith. If DCL stayed fit then fantastic if not we have a guy that scored 12 goals in 25 games n the Premier League. A good stop gap for a season or two.

Far better off going for Iheanacho over Adams for effectively the same fee.

Che Adams and Kieffer Moore were the two pitfalls I hoped we would avoid this summer. No cigar sadly.

Scored five goals last season, seven the season before and has a top flight best season of nine goals scored. I wouldn't get too excited.

No doubt, just like Maupay last season, many will be claiming that he "guarantees" us eight goals this season. Despite scoring that many precisely once in the top flight.
Prior to last season, Maupay had a better return in the premier league than Adams

Or he has a slightly better then average and gets 9 or 10!
I don't want us to sign players like him .
My point is we haven't the resources of the pulling power to sign a whole lot better. 9 times out of 10 a striker in this league who will regularly get 12/13 goals or more will cost at least 35 million quid.
The pulling power only really applies to the Prem players.
Again ....there's a Whole World of strikers out there .
Try Asia , Africa , South America and the rest of Europe .
You can't convince me there's not better out there than the fodder we keep buying.
There's literally hundreds , young & old that would walk over hot coals for a Prem contract.

What are we paying these scouts for if we keep signing the likes of Che Adams.

Was linked regularly this time last year so make no mistake this is a Thelwell signing.

I think he's o.k actually, will work hard and chip in with 7-8 goals. Mind you I thought all that on Maupay a year ago....

As usual these days could do better could do a lot worse.....

At least him, Danjuma and DCL can get through to January with team hopefully 5 + points clear of 17th.
Ugh, this again. I'm calling this the Maupay argument because this is the exact thing that was being said about 1 goal Neal this time last year.

More suited to a Dyche team than Maupay. Plays as much more of a target man despite his size. I could see it working. But I don’t like that we’d be paying a transfer fee for someone who won’t score many goals. If he’d been a free agent or had a Harrison like clause I would have been satisfied with it.

Finding a good striker for this league is about the hardest thing to do. But settling on mediocre is frustrating. I’d have preferred we use the money we’d have spent on Chermiti, Gnonto and Adams (if the second two go through) on one forward. Take a big swing on someone with a ceiling of being a 15 goal a season striker. Combined with Danjuma and Harrison, and I would have felt a lot better.

Edit: I don’t know who that player would be of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.