Summer transfer window 2023

I don't know why but still hurts whe he said about joining a big club ☹️

“Big Club”. That was the first thing I saw too. Heartbreaking.

Thing is, the lad is 17 years old, born in 2006. What has he seen of Everton during his lifetime? A few top 10 finishes, a couple of relegation battles, battered in two Europa League seasons, no cup final appearances.

Put that up against what Chelsea have done in the same time frame.

We can say “if you know your history” as much as we like, but it’s quickly becoming ancient history. This generation of young players only know us as a mediocre mid-table club.

I'm so concerned that bill has seen domestic training video and decided that we're good at centre forward again like last summer transfer window, would prefer Rodrigo and a younger forward who can play in the middle if necessary

Thing is, the lad is 17 years old, born in 2006. What has he seen of Everton during his lifetime? A few top 10 finishes, a couple of relegation battles, battered in two Europa League seasons, no cup final appearances.

We can say “if you know your history” as much as we like, but it’s quickly becoming ancient history. This generation of young players only know us as a mediocre mid-table club.
28 years since a trophy. 28 years before that England were World Cup holders. 🤔

I get it but wouldnt be happy if he was coming in at left back. And would still want us to go out and get more out wide, is just depends on money he wants. Have cut down costs and he was on 50 at villa i would want him on less than that
Yeah, his wages would need to be reasonable to make it an acceptable deal I reckon

Bill Kenwright has made this football club completely irrelevant

He will never be heard of again.

I'm so concerned that bill has seen domestic training video and decided that we're good at centre forward again like last summer transfer window, would prefer Rodrigo and a younger forward who can play in the middle if necessary
We have no money. Blame the boss accountant.

This generation of young players only know us as a mediocre mid-table club
I really do hate to make things sound even worse but that's not just this generation's young players. Our captain and most senior player in Coleman at 34 likely was not fully aware of football to know us as a club that's won anything. Ironically if we sign Ashley Young he'd maybe be one of the only chances in years to hear one of our own players say they grew up seeing us win something and be the great club that we are.

To put it another depressing way, there's not a single player in or even around their prime that have ever known Everton to be anything but what you just described.