Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread confuses the hell out of me sometimes, and I’m one of the most negative when it comes to our chances. We drew yesterday for a point, Leeds lost today for zero points. So why are some basically saying we’re now worse off than we were yesterday? Isn’t is back in our hands? Beat Bournemouth and we stay up?

We are in a way better position than prior to our game. As long as Leicester dont win, that remains.

Yup, absolutely but the Leicester game not being played yet means it can’t be yet be classed as a good or bad weekend. When I say neutral I mean the odds of us going down are no different now to yesterday morning.
Yeah I definitely take your point, it would be some turnaround for that Leicester side to get something out of that game.

Stranger things have happened of course, but if it doesn't happen, we have for me the best fixture and the most points. Survival would be ours to lose.

Yeah looking at the standings now in the cold aftermath of the Leeds defeat I actually think we are in no stronger a position than we were this morning.

West ham may have been influenced by the home crowd to put on a performance today but no such guarantees as the away team next weekend

We are still bang in trouble and on a knife edge

How are you working that out?

Leeds have just lost their easiest game. We are in a much better position than pre game.

Goodness there is some nonsense spouted.

Impossible to really predict anything or know where we are until after Toon - Leicester. Do the Geordies hate us enough to roll over for them? I think they are genuinely that obsessed.
They nearly bottled it completely at Leeds. There's no way I'll be counting my chickens tomorrow night personally.

Bournemouth have done the double over us already, fingers crossed we can beat them next week or even a draw as long as lesta lose tmrw.

I agree. How can anyone be happy finishing below Nottm. Forest?

The fact that, somehow, that may mean we don't get relegated is a get out of jail card.

Again.

Can't keep going on like this ...
We put ourselves at the mercy of one of the most incompetent, clueless managers the Premier League has ever seen for two thirds of the season. Not getting relegated after being in the hands of that clown for so long is a monumental achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.