Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Pickford should have come and collected it for the 2nd. The ball was chipped with no pace and was in the air for a long time, inside the 6 yard box. Basic goalkeeping is to come out for that and to catch the ball or punch it at least.

He was already going the other way.

He’s an exceptional player, but if one of our midfielders was designated the job of tracking Gundogan’s runs they are having a stinker at doing so.

Pleased with the overall performance, but disgusted with the switch-off after conceding. That's killed us.

As I said, no surprise. These players have proven to be incompetent. It's why we are where we are. One shock win over a complacent Brighton doesn't change that - but it does give us a chance in our final two games.

The hope now is no injuries to key players and no Leicester win tomorrow.

Come on "De Red Men"!

City always score worldies against us. Didn’t Rodri put one in the top bin last time for about 30 yards?

Did you really expect to get anything today,.
I did about 5 mins before it went 2 nil. They didn't really do much at all until then and we looked good on the counter. How it's 2 nil is beyond me but it seems to me like Holgate at left back is an issue which isn't his fault as I'm not sure he's played there before. But they didn't deserve to be 2 nil up at all as really it was their first decent shot on target to go 1 up.

At 1 nil we could have nicked a draw but I'll spare myself the frustration of watch City pass it around like a training match in the second half and turn it off. Feel for the fans who went there and made the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.